hello!
hi hello thanks for visiting! ~ New & Gently used Tabs ~ good bye!
good bye!
Welcome! Thanks for Visiting! Come Back Often!

March 15, 2011

Allison's Dressing your Truth...

Some adequate words that described how I felt when I used to shop are, frustrated, confused, overwhelmed and fed up! Sound familiar? As I talked with my friends and acquaintances about shopping, many also expressed a general lack of enthusiasm. Why though? Aren’t women supposed to like shopping? I suppose at one point I did.


When I was a teenager it was fun to go to the mall with my buds and pick out and purchase my very own clothes. Even in my early 20s, I still found shopping in general to be an adventure, a challenge I was up for. What can I find? How far can I stretch my money? But, somewhere in my mid to late 20s things changed for me. Then, at 31, I found myself cringing as I walked into the department store or as I shopped online. I felt confused about what section to visit, the juniors or “mature ladies?” I didn’t consider myself to be either. Should I buy the “in” thing (even if I swore after the 80s never to wear that style again)? Should I go for a more “classic” approach (even though my grandmother owned the same style)? AHHH!!!! By now you may be wondering if the point of this post is just for me to blow off some steam, or if I am actually going somewhere with it. I wanted to share my negative thoughts about shopping because I think there are a lot of women that feel the same way that I used to feel. The key words being used to, past tense.


When I look for clothes and accessories now, I feel confident, sure, and empowered. I have a direction with my fashion and can shop with ease at a variety of stores and in a variety of departments. I know what I am looking for and don’t feel overwhelmed by all of the options. Best of all, I look and feel great! What changed things for me? Dressing Your Truth.


I was introduced to the program, Dressing Your Truth by a friend. I took notice that she was looking great and my curiosity was sparked one day when she posted a link on her Facebook page to Dressing Your Truth. As I researched the program, I was excited, but cautious. It sounded too good to be true. Finally, after another frustrating shopping trip, I ordered the Dressing Your Truth program and have begun a wonderful journey that has changed how I feel about my wardrobe and myself. The Dressing Your Truth journey begins by discovering your energy profile. There are 4 different types. I am a type 3. This reminds me somewhat of the color code test, but is way more comprehensive and accurate in my opinion. After you discover your type, you are ready to start dressing your truth. There are suggested colors, textures, patterns, jewelry, hairstyles and much more for each energy type.


Don’t worry, this is not a one-size fits all program. There is plenty of room to make your style uniquely yours. Best of all, it is so easy to follow! You will know exactly what to look for when you shop. There is hope for all of you women that are confused, overwhelmed, or fed up with the fashion world. There is a program that will make shopping enjoyable again! That program is Dressing Your Truth.



to be continued....

No comments: